TRUE DEVOTION TO YOUR ADDICTION RECOVERY
Addiction Treatment with Cigna Insurance
Alcoholism and drug addiction can be overwhelming problems. Either can devastate even the respected and responsible person. Addiction knows no boundaries. It attacks all demographics, social classes and ethnicities.
Once you or a loved one becomes entangled in the web of addiction, things can appear hopeless. Thankfully, that is the opposite of the truth. There is help for alcohol and drug abuse problems. Cigna Insurance appreciates the level of anxiety addiction can cause.
They have a mental and behavioral health division providing a source of help for policyholders. Many policies may also provide for different types of treatment coverage. Here are some helpful things that addiction treatment offers to anyone suffering from alcoholism or drug addiction.
Why Choose Treatment?
Alcohol and drug abuse are cunning and baffling diseases. There is often an uncanny and an insatiable urge to drink or use, an urge that even the alcoholic or addict cannot understand. Despite varying degrees of terrible, frequently worsening consequences, they continue to spiral farther into their addiction.
Frequently, the consequences from this abusive behavior worsen over time. Even though alcoholics and drug addictions lose jobs, lose their families, and even uncharacteristically turn to criminal activity, they cannot through all their best efforts stay clean and sober.
Most family members and loved ones are bewildered, and many give up hope. However, there is a solution and that solution is treatment. Treatment for drug and alcohol abuse takes on a couple of different formats. There are outpatient programs and residential inpatient facilities.
What Type of Treatment?
The level of treatment someone may need to pull themselves out of a life mired in addiction varies according to individual circumstances. There are a few factors that must be considered strongly. Before we get to some reasons to choose treatment, let’s touch on the two basic types of drug and alcohol recovery programs.
- Outpatient Treatment Programs – These are recovery programs where you will have a preset number of counseling sessions each week. You will live at home and continue with most of your normal daily activities.
You may be tested for drug or alcohol use. It is suggested that you blend outpatient treatment with support fellowships such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous. It’s usually recommended you attend a certain number of meetings per week.
- Inpatient Residential Treatment – These are drug and alcohol treatment centers. They provide living accommodations, including all the necessities of life. You will not live at home. This type of treatment program may also limit your communications for an initial period.
Everything stage in a residential inpatient treatment program is to help you stay clean and sober not to punish you for having a disease. The duration of either of these programs depends on your level of addiction.
Customarily, once you graduate from a residential program, you will continue with outpatient treatment to help guard against relapse. No matter which treatment program is recommended, it is only a beginning. Recovery is a journey not a destination, but that journey begins with treatment.
Who Might Benefit from Treatment?
The determination of what type of treatment program must be done with consultation from a professional recovery specialist. Here are a few of the important questions that must be considered honestly when choosing the type of treatment.
- How long has the person been abusing drugs or alcohol?
- To what degree is the level of alcohol or drug dependence?
- Is the level of abuse so intense that a medically supervised period of detox is imperative?
- How many previous treatment attempts have there been to reach sobriety?
- Have there been problems with subsequent relapse following completion of an outpatient program?
- What type of home environment challenges are present, situations full of relapse triggers that create roadblocks to recovery?
- What are the consequences vs. benefits of committing to a long-term residential program?
The types of treatment Cigna Insurance will cover are particular to your policy and the state you live in. Speak to your representative to discuss the treatment coverage available. However, and most importantly, ask for help if you even suspect you have a problem.
Alcoholism and addiction are subtle foes. They are diseases that will attempt to convince us that there is nothing wrong. Don’t be fooled. The consequences can be dreadful. Begin your journey with a fresh start in recovery by asking for help today.